Aussie Hoops provides boys and girls with a fun and safe Basketball experience that serves as an introduction to a lifetime of involvement in the game. In addition to promoting healthy and active lifestyles, the program serves as a platform for social development and inclusion - fostering stronger and more vibrant communities and individuals.
• Children learn the fundamental motor skills for future physical activity and sports participation;
• Children learn the basics of fitness conditioning, muscle management and well-being;
• Children learn the importance of health and nutrition;
• Important physiological and mental skills are nurtured;
• Respect for others as well as social, team work and cooperation skills are developed;
• Contact with coaches, ambassadors, older children and parents provides valuable role modelling;
• Children are exposed to multi-functional environments creating greater self-confidence;
• Physically active children are more attentive, have a more efficient memory and better problem solving skills;
• Children are coached and encouraged by accredited and periodically assessed coaches;
• Children are exposed to the Australian Basketball pathway from Aussie Hoops through to the elite level; and
• Aussie Hoops provides a structured and federally endorsed program for children to participate in over a five year period.
• Convenient, local opportunities for safe, quality time with your child and family;
• The opportunity to engage with children and other families in a common setting;
• Greater social contact and interaction;
• Opportunities to become actively involved in program delivery; and
• Periodic and consistent activity for the whole family.
All NEW Aussie Hoops participants will receive a new and improved participant pack. This pack will provide children with the essential items required to begin their basketball journey. The Participant Pack includes:
Participants pack are dispatched within 24 hours of the registration being submitted. Packs can be expected to arrive within 7-10 business days.